2000 Johnson 150 OIS Spark Issues- New Problem

Jose67

Seaman
In my previous topic you very knowledgeable people pointed me in right direction in diagnosing a bad shift switch cutting spark to half of the motor. As I stated in my previous post I bought this as rebuilt unit with only carb tuning run time on the motor. The motor must have been tuned to a bad shift switch. After replacing the switch and adjusting the idle down from 1,800 rpm to 900 rpm it would rev up good in a tub of water in neutral. I took it out on the water for a test run put it in gear and tried to throttle up and it immediately bogs down, doesn't kill the motor but I can not get any rpm out it in gear. I checked the air/fuel screws in the manifold and they are adjusted 4 rounds out, seems a little too much open. I had a 1998 150 Ocean Runner and I don't seem to remember the screws adjusted that far out. What do you guys think? In the mean time I am trying to get back my Seloc Manual that I loaned out.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
5 to 5-1/2 turn is the starting point..... let em keep the Seloc manual and get ya a OEM. Carbs have to be adjusted in water,in gear.