1977 20HP Evinrude 2S Manual?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1977 20HP Evinrude 2S Manual?

The serial number is 207B62S C86036. I have been looking for a proper manual on this motor, but I havent found much. I found a manual on emanualonline called "1973 - 1991 Johnson Evinrude Outboard motor repair manual" but I am not sure if this is the correct manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Use a 1977 model 25 hp for all the information you need !

Comment

Thank you! I assume all the parts/torques are the same. any reputable sites to buy a manual from? nothing is on ebay or where I have looked. There is a manual that I can buy and download on emanualonline, but I dont know if they are trustworthy.

Comment

Ken Cook Company at (414) 466-6060 for Johnson, Evinrude, Gale etc manual prior to 2011. They are the official handlers of older OMC factory shop & owner's manuals.
        Cam Milne,
        Toronto, Canada

1950 Johnson 5 - TN-26
        1955 Elto 5 (Gale 5 based) - 5D11E
        1956 Eatons Viking 5 (Gale 5 based, incomplete) - 5D12V
        1958 Johnson 7½ - AD-12
        1967 Johnson 9½ - MQ-13
        1971 Evinrude Yachtwin 4 - 4136D
        1976 Johnson 15 - 15R76

- all from freshwater and built in Peterborough

"None of us is as smart as all of us"

Comment

I think he was having trouble finding a manual for a 1977 20hp because that motor was not marketed in the US.... Was marketed in Canada and maybe Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by hardwater fisherman View Post
            I think he was having trouble finding a manual for a 1977 20hp because that motor was not marketed in the US.... Was marketed in Canada and maybe Europe?
            Yes, it is from Canada, I wish I knew it wasnt produced in the states before hand or I would have passed on it. If I can use a 25Hp manual that will be fine though haha.

Comment

It was stated that you can use the 25 HP manual for everything on that motor !!-----There is very little , if any difference between the 2 models !

Comment

Originally posted by racerone View Post
                It was stated that you can use the 25 HP manual for everything on that motor !!-----There is very little , if any difference between the 2 models !
                Thanks a lot! Gives me ideas of making it into a Frankenstein by boring the cylinders and CNC'ing some custom pistons one day, or not... seems like a lot of work heh.

Comment

But they are the same motor !

Comment

Originally posted by racerone View Post
                    But they are the same motor !
                    Oh! They were just branded differently in Canada vs the states? I assume because of the regulation change between engine Hp and prop Hp?

Comment

No , no--------That hp game started in the mid 1980's.----------I guess Canadian marketing is / was different 40 years ago.

Comment

The Johnson 20 was dropped from the U.S. & seemingly Canada after 1973. In Canada they began selling the 20s again alongside the 25s starting with the 1975 models. The 1975+ 20s were popular with the Eskimos on their freighter canoes and also included a built-in AC generator with a plug.

A place I have found stuff like OEM Canadian OMC Parts Manuals is Black Cat Antiques in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
                        Here's a sample that I'm sure you would like: Black Cat Antiques sample
                        Cam Milne,
                        Toronto, Canada

1950 Johnson 5 - TN-26
                        1955 Elto 5 (Gale 5 based) - 5D11E
                        1956 Eatons Viking 5 (Gale 5 based, incomplete) - 5D12V
                        1958 Johnson 7½ - AD-12
                        1967 Johnson 9½ - MQ-13
                        1971 Evinrude Yachtwin 4 - 4136D
                        1976 Johnson 15 - 15R76

- all from freshwater and built in Peterborough

"None of us is as smart as all of us"

Comment