Mesh Cable cover, whats it called, where can I find it? Not listed in breakdown

rothfm

Ensign
Hi All, Happy new year...

Needing some of this Mesh cable covering used on just about all motors. Not sure what its called, but didnt seem to find it in the BRP breakdown pages. Its the kind that opens up then compresses tight when pulled. Real common but never had to find it or something like it.

20181231_173818.jpg

Attachments

• 20181231_173818.jpg
    20181231_173818.jpg
    601 KB · Views: 0

rothfm

Ensign
Wrench, Thank you for the link...Was needing a few feet. Has 100' Minimum. If I get it, will have some for a lifetime. Thanks.

rothfm

Ensign
Thanks Racer, Thats it for 4 bucks! didnt see it in the diagrams. appreciated

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
its called wire loom

you could use heat shrink tubing as well or even electrical tape.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
If you go the woven wire loom idea, just remember that if you use heat shrink on the ends to keep it from unraveling, the heat will melt the wire loom as well. So you have to project the wire loom when heat shrinking the heat shrink tube ends. I used to use thin aluminum sheet bend around the wire loom when heating the heat shrink to protect it from the heat. That works pretty good. JMHO

Crosbyman

Rear Admiral
depending on use and size of course you could probably just strip a woven mesh from a length of TV coax cable

some cheap TV cable have an outer foil wrap but a lot of them have the metallic woven wraps to limit stray RF from spilling out. cable wove mesh is grounded to kill RF spills so you purpose is simple grounding it would probably do the job for a pennies

rothfm

Ensign
Thanks all, not that I know what its called I found multiple sources. have reused lots of old pieces in the past. Usually I will just zip tie at the loose frayed ends. But this material makes a nice neat covering.