Johnson VRO harness plug cap

havoc_squad

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Does anyone make an official cap plug for the OMC wire harness plug used for VRO pump?

This is regarding VJ90TLASB 1990 Johnson 90 hp.

I've already got everything removed and ready for re-assembly on my VRO delete.

Regardless if it does exist or not, could I drill out the pre-existing wire in the male side that goes to the VRO and epoxy the holes made to make a cheap/reliable plug that won't short anything out?

I don't like leaving uncapped connections, nor cutting off proprietary fittings on the main engine harness unless no other option.

Also, is there a way to NOT destroy the OMC fuel line clips when loosening/removal? I never can figure out how to salvage them.

havoc_squad

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Well, did what I originally planned to do. Drilled out the wires on the male plug on the VRO pump side and put in epoxy to fill.

Did a resistance check to make sure no current flow between the plug wire spots after the mod, works great.

Now if I could only get a reply on whether it is possible to save those plastic OMC fuel/pulse hose clamps without breaking the tabs.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Those clamps are a 1 time use because they tend to break. There was no need to plug the VRO plug. Just unplug and leave it.