Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 Johnson 115hp Ocen Pro hidden flywheel.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You pretty much answered #2. Other powerheads that I have removed, the leg was supported top and bottom after powerhead was pulled. On this one the only thing holding the stem is the lower joint. was thinking midsection would want to fall away from stand/transom with only this as support. Thats why I was thinking maybe pulling it sans lower unit with the leg resting on the ground. I know- crazy thought right?

Will be hard for me to justify $300 for a tool that I may only use once, hence the other timing tool.

Thanks

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	midsection.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.29 MB ID:	10693485 this is the transom bracket and mid section. It stays bolted to the stand, possibly boat I suppose. Click image for larger version  Name:	powerhead.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.28 MB ID:	10693486
      '47 18' CC Utility "Knock On Wood"
      Various Evinrude powered Pontoons all named "Floosy"

Comment

The bottom pic is the powerhead, its removed from the mid. Pull the lower first of course. That happens to be the same motor you have.

Comment

This one happens to be on a bench, it's just waiting for a hull to go on....once its apart it can come off the stand or boat, you cant easily do it laying on the floor.

Comment

Thanks for the photos. As in your first photo, I was worried about the top half of the leg as it is only supported by the lower support. It appears quite stable in your photo even though the whole upper portion is disconnected. That was all I was worried about.

also, ...has anyone used the timing tool in my above link?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X