Evinrude e15rcec

Tornadojim

Recruit
Hi all, very new first post,
so im looking at buying a 1989 e15rcec,
its a state surplus item and doesn't look like there's much ware on it, trouble is i cannot test it, 425$ im sure it'll need tuned up and im capable of that but does anyone know of any visible signs i can look for? Thanks ji.
mele kalikimaka

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Maybe some paper to show maintenance. Chances are, routine maintenance was better than most.

thatone123

Banned
Hard to go wrong with these, one of the best! Have had many. Not a bad price. Maybe I will post a few pics of mine when I get the chance.

Tornadojim

Recruit
Question,
i bought it, and was trying to start it today, seams to me the fuel is only making it to the filter pump... hits on either, good compression, great spark, but dry plugs,

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Are you using the choke? Do you have the throttle turned as far up as possible?

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
^^+1. Will open to high idle in neutral. See if you can come up with a repair/maintenance manual for the motor: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-1989-E...Ca:rk:127:pf:0 I think you must be referring to the fuel pump (small, square style on the rope model). You can unscrew the screen on the face of the pump and check for blockage. Loosen the fuel tank cover to make sure it's getting air -- should be able to hear fuel enter the carb when squeezing the bulb.

thatone123

Banned
Belated Mele Kalikimake too. One of my stomping grounds on occasion is the 50th state too...and the 49th...The newest are the best! Outboards are just the opposite.Here is a photo of my 2 current 15's outfitted with weedless props which are almost impossible to find anymore...both of these props are 30 years old or older, but like new. Duck Twin is a play on the old 3 hp Duck Twin produced by OMC is the 50's. (you might say this is an improved version) lol The Jonnyrude is a 7000 rpm model produced in the mid 80's.

Attachments

• photo306615.jpg
    photo306615.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 0

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Belated Mele Kalikimake too. One of my stomping grounds on occasion is the 50th state too...and the 49th...The newest are the best! Outboards are just the opposite.Here is a photo of my 2 current 15's outfitted with weedless props which are almost impossible to find anymore...both of these props are 30 years old or older, but like new. Duck Twin is a play on the old 3 hp Duck Twin produced by OMC is the 50's. (you might say this is an improved version) lol The Jonnyrude is a 7000 rpm model produced in the mid 80's.

Those props are not hard to find at all. Michigan wheel makes them 012111 is the part #.

thatone123

Banned
I'll look up those props as never could find any in the past...They have to be the only maker.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
0386670 is a 9.5 x10 prop. There is a place on the internet that has 6 of them.

thatone123

Banned
They have the 2 blade? Where as the ones I bought were in old dry rotted boxes 30 years old and I buy props on a fairly regular basis and thought I knew where to look. The Michigan 2 blade came from England at a fairly high price. The other was OMC in an old box falling apart, but the prop was as new. BTW...does a 2 blade prop in general give less drag so more speed???

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Yes they are 2 blade and show 6 of them in stock !!-----386670 is a 2 blade as shown in the picture.