2004 115hp Ficht fuel issues

Dayton40

Cadet
I bought 2 115hp evinrudes. Sitting for 5 years I drained all the fuel, replaced all filters, etc.
one runs fine the other ran but now only runs at 3000 rpms or higher at start (when it starts at all)
My question is: Is there a way to flush the lines on the motor itself? i.e disconnecting a fuel line some where and activating the fuel pump?
thanks!

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Need the software as sounds like CPS is not synching with flywheel....(starts at all comment)

Dayton40

Cadet
Thanks for the reply faz.
I have the software, the problem there is due the immediate high rev the EMM will kill the motor. Clearing the codes to restart with the software.
I pulled the main fuel line leaving the pump and got a bunch of crap out of that line. My guess is to pull each line off the injectiors and maybe activate the pump.
just not sure if that’s feasible or not.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
High revs is fuel being introduced to engine...look for a leaking lift pump

Dayton40

Cadet
2004 evinrude lift pump
E115FSLSRE
part# 5004459
anyone have options for this pump besides factory $$$?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Your trouble shooting has the be precise I would say.----Be a shame to spend that kind of money to find out it still----- " runs the same "----I would first use the pump from your good motor as a test here.

Dayton40

Cadet
Ok, progress, I found a “kink” in a fuel line behind the lift pump, all excited I put it back together assuming the best. Now I have a normal high idle that won’t come down. Could this be as simple as a small air leak somewhere? Best way to test? Thanks.

Dayton40

Cadet
I’m getting fuel out of the lower port side air intake when the bulb is primed. I know there is a direct cause for this, can someone enlighten me please:)
thanks!!

Dayton40

Cadet
Ok guys, still dealing with a high idle issue. (New lift pump waiste of $$) I don’t have a decent outboard guy around or I would simply
have it done. ( right tools etc.)
i pulled the plugs just to check gaps and indexing, found the #3 cylinder plug is brand new, unlike the others that have seen some combustion. Where does my troubleshooting list start from here. Thanks!!!

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Check that cylinder for spark.----Turn spark on / off with your lap top.-----Test compression on that cylinder.------Turn fuel injector on / off on that cylinder with your lap top.