Evinrude OceanPro 175HP '96 hose connection

gam101

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Greetings sailors!

Newbie alert! :rolleyes:

I don't know what it's called...but could someone please tell me what that adapter is called that lets you connect the outboard to a water hose? I've seen so many YouTubers use it but don't mention a word of it.

Also, if someone could point where I could purchase one online, that would be great!

I've attached a pic. of my outboard & where that adapter should connect.

Many thanks EvinRude.JPG . :joyous:

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
They are called motor flushers or muffs available anywhere. Also available on this website. They do not attach where your arrow is pointing those are your lower motor mounts. They attach just behind the prop on those holes.

gam101

Petty Officer 3rd Class
They are called motor flushers or muffs available anywhere. Also available on this website. They do not attach where your arrow is pointing those are your lower motor mounts. They attach just behind the prop on those holes.

Appreciate the correction & the info.

Any specific type I need for my outboard? There seems to be various types; round, square, etc. Some with "dual feed".

Thanks again.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
I like the dual feeds myself and either the square or round ones work. Just remember they are pretty much only good for idling.

CatTwentyTwo

Chief Petty Officer
I had a 94 175 and always used the flushing port on the back of the motor to connect the hose. It's the threaded plug with the pee hole.

gam101

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I had a 94 175 and always used the flushing port on the back of the motor to connect the hose. It's the threaded plug with the pee hole.

Sorry for the late reply. Could you help point that pee hole (tell-tale?) out? I'm attaching a pic. with a guess of what you mentioned.

Appreciate the help.

Attachments

• photo306983.jpg
    photo306983.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 0

gam101

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Yes, that's the flushing port.

Great! So, is there an adapter I need to purchase that screws into the port & then connects to a garden hose? Or can I just stick a garden hose in after unscrewing the plug?

Thank you, again.

CatTwentyTwo

Chief Petty Officer
The garden hose screws in directly. There is an O-ring behind the plug but it should stay in place although mine fell out once or twice so it's always a good idea to check when you replace the plug. When you screw the plug back in the center piece with the pee hole should be angled off to the right so you can see the stream from the helm.

gam101

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The garden hose screws in directly. There is an O-ring behind the plug but it should stay in place although mine fell out once or twice so it's always a good idea to check when you replace the plug. When you screw the plug back in the center piece with the pee hole should be angled off to the right so you can see the stream from the helm.

Appreciate, once again the tremendous help.

CatTwentyTwo

Chief Petty Officer
Am I correct that when using that inlet to flush engine, you should not run engine because lower unit water pump will not get water into it possibly ruining impeller?

Not according to the owners manual. The manual that came with my motor said it was okay to run the motor using the flushing port as long as the motor was tilted down and only running at idle speed. I ran mine like that all the time and never had a problem with the water pump.