Steering on swap from ‘03 merc to ‘74 evinrude

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering on swap from ‘03 merc to ‘74 evinrude

Swapping from a 2003 merc 4 stroke 50 big foot to a 1974 omc 135 2 stroke. Will my current steering cable work? Thanks!

I would say , yes the 135 uses the somewhat standard tilt tube.

Comment

Sweet I was hoping so!

Comment

Can I still get carb rebuild kits for that old motor?

Comment

Yes you can.----But why are you picking on the carburetors ?----If they were stored empty they will be ready to go now !-----There is not much that can go wrong with those carburetors !----Have you heard this motor run ?----Any other inspection / trouble shooting done ?-----It should also get a new impeller / water pump kit.

Comment

Thats good to here about the carbs! Supposed to run well but havent seen yet. Does not have power trum which I want. Where can I find one of those?

Comment

Please don't somebody get all upset and shoot me for saying this, but in my opinion the 1974 power trim was a very troublesome hang-on unit. I say forget it.

On the other hand, I suppose there are aftermarket units that I have no experience with.

Comment

I would say ----" hear it run " ---and have it inspected before handing over the coins.----If it is cheap and you can do a TOTAL overhaul yourself I say ---" go for it "

Comment

Supposedly overhauled within 100 hrs ago, I know all electrics (coils, stator, etc) was all replaced last year. It has new jet drive and prop lower unit included with controls. Wants $1000. Jet drives are worth that easy. Gonna use it for cold weather duck hunting and summer fishing

Comment

Working...
                  X