1993 120 looper problems

Ryan hall

Cadet
Ok so here are my symptons, easily starts, when put in gear dies (sometimes) most of time 3,500 rpm only. No greater, past have rebuilt carbs and redone fuel lines to perfection, (im funny, floats set right to standard). But, had a pinched fuel line and didnt know it. Three to four times it tried to plain then 3,500 rpm max after. Disconnected sensors already no change, thinking optical sensor now. Any idea?

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Check spark.and compression. Not sure a 120 looper has an optical sensor that is usually found on intruder and fastrike 60 deg models only. What happens when you pump the primer ball.

Last edited:

racerone

Supreme Mariner
No optical sensor on that motor !!----Did this problem show up suddenly ?

Ryan hall

Cadet
Yes it did, ran perfectly before. So i checked spark, only one cylinder firing other three no spark or very weak. Good compression. I disconected the temp sensor and regained strong spark on all cylinders. But motor still limits itself to 2,500 rpm or so. It was and on and of miss, sometimes it would run ok then suddenly miss. It would actually slowly plain and run wot sometimes. After temp sensor disconnect it is 2,500 only but runs way smoother. Power pack?

Ryan hall

Cadet
No ideas? Its still missing, like a cylinder is coming in and out sometimes? Ordered a power pack, gonna try that.