Hello! I have a question about a johnson harness issue.

Stz11792

Recruit
So, let me start by saying, I'm not the brightest bulb when it comes to boating, although I am mechanically inclined. So I have a 95 aquasport osprey 225, the boat is rigged and ready for a post 96 johnson, I though have a pre 96 round plug johnson, I have all of the controls etc off the pre 96 johnson donor boat, I would like, if possible to make an adapter, or buy an adapter, to run this engine on my boat the way it sits now with post 96 controls, harness, etc. Any insight would be highly appreciated !

Stz11792

Recruit
Thanks for the response, that's about what I figured, so with the adapter I should be set to use everything already rigged on boat.. awesome

w2much

Lieutenant
I have posted several times in the past regarding my harness adapter issues. I wish I could remember the fellow who was really knowledgeable on this subject.Not the usual buy a manual, what is the compression answer. My concerns were generally alarm and system check issues. Or alarms not sounding, or sounding different from what I expected from the engine. Or it would go into slow mode with out first sounding the alarm. I still have that boat and motor and have gotten to know the alarm system fairly well. Any alarm at all, even no oil when you know you have a full remote tank full means stop the boat and investigate. . Get to know the brown wire to the power pack in case you go into slow mode. Get to know your sensors, know that the blocking diode in the harness needs to be checked and replaced if needed. Perhaps your adapter will operate flawlessly, I hope it does. My last trip out overheat alarm kept going off, I had just replaced the impeller. I grabbed my infrared thermometer and all was good. I unhooked that sensor that day and went fishing. I seem to remember there being issues with the System Check tachometer and the alarms also. My setup has been a pain down there but I still catch some nice fish when I go. Post when you are done I would like to know how you made out.