Mq 11c 9.5 1965

racerone

Supreme Mariner
They used to shake a lot at idle.-----Factory offered a kit to alleviate that.-----Note-----No " bad design " carbon seal on the crankshaft on them.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
No, It's just plain old and a lot of the parts are probably NLA. I believe it's the 2nd year of the 9.5.

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
I am familiar with turtles I have my like new 9.5 9622a

I also repaired a few...never paid more than $60 plus parts (coils/impellers mostly) and sold them….. all are running good

as for nasty carbon seal…for my 5.5 I found one (new) for $10 on Kijiji from a fellow 20 minutes away :)

did not tell him they are asking 47$ and taxes at the BRP dealer

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The 64 and 65 model shook a lot at idle.-----Factory offered a kit to alleviate it.----Later models had the vibration dampers installed at factory.------Other than that the 65 models were not much different that the 73 models.-----Last few years did have reed valves relocated.-----And where are you looking for the parts info ????

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Agreed, they shake a lot at idle, and that shaking keeps it from idling well. My dad had one back in "The Day" and was happy with it, but I borrowed it a few times and found the poor idle to be irritating. Guess I should have updated it for him, but I had problems of my own back then. Dang near died, in fact.

Also, I suppose you are already familiar with the smoke inhalation problems common to the 9.5's.

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
The 64 and 65 model shook a lot at idle.-----Factory offered a kit to alleviate it.----Later models had the vibration dampers installed at factory.------Other than that the 65 models were not much different that the 73 models.-----Last few years did have reed valves relocated.-----And where are you looking for the parts info ????

tried marineengine.com and the mq11 did not show listed in 1965 only Evinrudes come up although I realized they are very similar

the mag plate on these as a funny clicker at the back…..clicks while rotating the mag plate andthe LS needle works with a linkage versus a cabled needle

in any event this one was a freebie 0$$ the cyl head was changed on it why ?? did it overheat ?? I have little history on it it came from an old couple clearing the shed i'll know later this winter if it will be a runner or parts supply

I got 3 motors to work on this winter so I am hoping for lots of snow :)

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The cowling cosmetics and paint colour are different on the Evinrude model-----As you should know the parts are all the same between the 2 marketing departments of OMC

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
true but i was just wondering since both J&E are generally listed at that **** place :tea::smow:

racerone

Supreme Mariner
?----Not everything is perfect and understandable on those parts lists.-----There are omissions and mistakes.-----But if you can not spot or know the mistakes then you will be led astray !!-----You might look to see if the kit was installed on this motor or find one on E-bay.