Are my carburetors blocked from removal or am I missing something here

dragula

Seaman Apprentice
Engine backfires so trying to check manifold gasket etc...and the lug nuts attaching the carbs to the intake manifold are blocked by a small extension off the top of the carb that holds the other end of the rod with the spring on it for the throttle linkage...am I SOL on checking the carbs or am I being stupid

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Know how to use an open end wrench?

Loosen the nuts on both sides and walk the carb off as the nuts are removed.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Engine backfires so trying to check manifold gasket etc...and the lug nuts attaching the carbs to the intake manifold are blocked by a small extension off the top of the carb that holds the other end of the rod with the spring on it for the throttle linkage...am I SOL on checking the carbs or am I being stupid[/QUOTE]

Oh God... I am so tempted... but you did walk into that one my friend! :)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Engine backfires so trying to check manifold gasket etc...and the lug nuts attaching the carbs to the intake manifold are blocked by a small extension off the top of the carb that holds the other end of the rod with the spring on it for the throttle linkage...am I SOL on checking the carbs or am I being stupid[/QUOTE]

Oh God... I am so tempted... but you did walk into that one my friend! :)

:tape:

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
The carb has to be sufficiently free to get the nut free of the stud -- and then it can drop off into the pan. A small shop magnet isn't a bad idea.