1999 200hp Evinrude Ficht Issue

Dstar

Cadet
I know there is a lot of problems with these motors, I would love to take it to a mechanic but flat out just don’t have the money at this moment. The motor has good compression haven’t owned it long and I believe it sat for awhile before I got it. Took it out for the first time and it had no power, idled smooth but boat wouldn’t get on pad. Number one injector was stuck closed. Got fuel going to it and the motor came to life for a bit. Now after a couple of times taking it out the motor has power sometimes then it will just lug then come out of it, then lug. The last time I had it out left my last spot to head to the ramp and it got out of the hole and on pad then lost power. All the way to the ramp it got worse. While waiting for my partner to back the trailer in it idled fine so I pulled up onto the trailer and nail it to get it up on the trailer it died. Wouldn’t start it would bust off then die. After we pulled up the ramp and to the parking spot I hit the key and it fired up. Eventually I hope to replace it but at the moment I’m stuck with it, and the motor seems to be a hoss when it makes the power consistently like it’s supposed too. Any suggestions or thoughts would be helpful.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Take it to a dealer where you can get a computer read out on it and go from there. You don't work on these new lovely motors without a computer. It SUCKS !!!!

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Most dealers wont look at a 99 anymore ...one's in my area only 2005 and up. Parts are hard to find and no support from BRP. This sounds like injector or EMM problem which are both send off to have repaired items....