1995 Johnson 50 hp no spark

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
It might help for testing to lose the remote starter and go back to the key switch. Troubleshoot the switch. (guess the 20 amp fuse could also belong to the tilt and trim circuit, if you have t&t.)

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
From the power pack for sure, and I believe also ignition coils are a small black ring terminal. These must be connected to a clean engine ground...no paint or corrosion. Many times the mounting bolt will suffice but they must be behind and up against the block itself not to any mounting bracket if applicable.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Why that comment ?

because i dont know electronic or ignition wiring or applications, like some of the guys here...even the OP has a seemingly great grasp of all the ins and outs of trying to troubleshoot his motor, hes just stuck on one little thing he cant get around....i want to get there.......

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
In addition to post two check each and every amphenol connector to make sure that the pins and sockets are seated properly in the rubber housing. If you bought aftermarket parts you also need to verify that each wire goes to the proper terminal. I cant count how many times I have found wires to the wrong terminals in aftermarket parts.

GP3998

Cadet
I will check all mentioned this evening when I get home. Once again thank you all for your time it is greatly appreciated.