68 Johnson 55hp electric shift assembly - part question

DWM76

Seaman Apprentice
Hey all. I think I figured out my shift problem and I am hoping someone can confirm a part for me so I can replace it. I cant tell for sure from the part diagram what piece to order.

Thanks

Attachments

• Gearcase - Electric Shift Assembly.jpg
    Gearcase - Electric Shift Assembly.jpg
    943.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Gearcase - Electric Shift Assembly (part closeup).jpg
    Gearcase - Electric Shift Assembly (part closeup).jpg
    806.7 KB · Views: 0

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Looks to me like it is part of item #54 Solenoid assy 580723. (not sold separately).

Attachments

• photo300646.jpg
    photo300646.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 0

DWM76

Seaman Apprentice
Well that is unfortunate. The item is no longer available. I wonder if I can have a replacement piece machined. Or, since i have the broken pieces, if I can repair it with some kind of adhesive that would be reliable?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I believe I have a few of those used.-------Your home town in Alberta is ?

DWM76

Seaman Apprentice
That would be great if you did Racerone. I am in Ponoka. Are you nearby? If not I can get you my info. Thanks.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I am 4 days drive away.-----Did spend some time in the Sundre area this summer.-------Send me a PM.

DWM76

Seaman Apprentice
I'm not sure why but the system isn't letting me send you a PM. I have tried a few times through a couple browsers. Maybe there is a post minimum for sending a PM like there is for posting a picture? Anyway can you connect with me via my email to discuss the part you might have? saliencedm@gmail.com. Thanks. Derek.