Trim issues. 1999 Johnson 225 ocean pro. Fastrac tilt and trim

Bteach

Cadet
Any help would be appreciated. 1999 Johnson Ocean Pro 225 with fastrac tilt and trim. I recently purchased the boat and motor to redo. When I mounted the motor back onto the boat I trimmed it all the way up. The motor was stuck in that position. My brother and I put weight on it and it came right back down no issues. Well I finished the boat this week and decided to take it out. Tilt and trim worked as it should throughout the process. I went to go get the truck and my father raised the motor all the way up. Once again it was stuck, but this time the two of us couldn’t get it down. I ended up manually releasing the motor and let it down onto the bracket. At that point the motor ran but the tilt and trim never went back to working. I come on home thinking I had air in the line from the release or perhaps it needed to be topped off. I’ve spent the afternoon messing with the tilt and trim and it’s not working. The motor is working, the trim rams will extend without the weight of the motor on them. I should also point out I can manually raise and lower the motor without issue. There are no fluid leaks that I can see. I Topped off fluids, made sure the manual release is closed as well as the reservoir. I’m lost at this point. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Gently tap valve body with nylon hammer. Probably have a stuck check ball. Try to replace fluid maybe it will help. Tilt up and down about a thousand times to bleed. Exaggerating there but it does take more than ten.

Bteach

Cadet
Will give it a shot. I’ll say this. I knew about the manual release but I didn’t know it only had to be opened 2 turns or so. I opened it until it stopped. Could I have messed it up somehow?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
When tapping do so with valve closed and someone pressing up or down button.