1967 Evinrude fastwin

looking for a replacement fuel pump for this motor. All the articles i ha we read say they don’t make them anymore. Wondering if there is one that will work??

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The little square fuel pump is nearly universal in application----Repair kits are available.----I stuck a pump off a 1968 model 3 hp onto a 1963 model 10 hp .----Worked like a charm.-----These pump simply work on crankcase pressure pulses and slight negative pulses.-----There are lots of pumps that can be used on the 1967 model 18 hp.----Note the little square pump has to be oriented the correct way.-------Google ----leeroysramblling -----for an indepth clinic on fuel pumps.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
The square pump is 18-7350. Also available is 18-7351. Both will work on your motor and both are available here at iboats. I prefer the 18-7351 because it is much simpler and easier to repair if ever needed.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure the square one will mount right side up without hose interference. Perhaps racerone knows for sure. But I do know the 7351 will work. You will have to re-route the hoses, but you were going to replace them anyway--weren't you?

Thank you. I double checked fuel flow and it’s working great! Just can’t get thing to start. It turns over and starts with starting fluid. But hen does out after it burns that up. I’ve cleaned the carbs and reinstalled and still doesn’t work. I’m gonna get a rebuild kit and see if that works.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Poor spark is the main reason for " hard to start " condition on it.----Cracked ignition coils is common on those.------Does spark jump a gap of 1/4" or more, yes or no ?----Note---Sparkplugs are not used in testing for " good , strong " spark.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
If questions are answered you will be able to sort the motor out sooner.

Spark jump gap is good. Coils good. I rebuilt the carb and it runs great! Working on impeller replacement now.

Ordered a seal kit and can’t find instructions for kit number 18-2684. It has a spaghetti seal that I don’t know where to install

RCO

Petty Officer 1st Class
The spaghetti seal goes between the two halves of the gearcase. You will also need to apply a coat of 3M 847 sealer or equivalent on the mating surfaces. Don't forget to change the shift rod o-ring.

54bobby

Petty Officer 2nd Class
when you install the spaghetti seal, leave around an eighth inch stick out on each end and put a dab of your sealant on them and stick them to the baring head to complete the seal all around.