Evinrude trim tilt motor problem

Tommyaleks

Seaman Apprentice
Hello. I have a evinrude 40 hp 1995. My trim tilt motor is broke and have ordered a new one. But the problem is that I got the wrong motor. I got one from a 2007 mod and there is a differnce. instead of a coupler socket on the old one, this new one have a coupler pin. On the old one there is also a pin that goes down into the asebly that I can take out. My question is. Can I use the coupler socket from a 2007 and adapt that to the pin that goes down into the asembly?
Or does anyone have any suggestion what to do? I can`t return the motor.

Thank you.

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
Can you try to sell the incorrect trim motor? Ebay etc? It's an electrical part so I understand why they won't accept a return. If you ordered it with a model # why did you get the incorrect one? If they had the correct info. and sold you the wrong one can you speak with a manager about the return?

Tommyaleks

Seaman Apprentice
The problem was that. I bought it from e-bay and I did not notes that the year model was wrong. instead of 1995 to 2000 is say 2007 to 2011 and I also thought the picture was the same as mine (stupid me) I saw that after I had ordered it. My motor had a socket and the new motor had a pin. But I think I have found a solution now. if I take a 5 mm socket it fits on the pin to the assembly. Now I have to figure out how to fit it to the pin on the motor.