Where does the tube from Johnson silencer attach?

Funguz

Cadet
Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I can not find info to save the life of me. I have a 2000 Johnson 115 (J115VLSSS) V4 with loop charged. Purchased boat recently. I just rebuilt the carbs, linked and synced. Sea trial was smooth as silk today. But on my port side of the motor, isn’t there supposed to be a tube connected to the “barb” at the bottom of the silencer assembly? I don’t see any extra tube laying around? Could anyone please advise me as to where this is supposed to connect to? Does it attach to the port side manifold (#434522) assembly/balance tube? There’s not a tube connecting to that manifold either.

The starboard side of the motor already has a tube connecting to the manifold assembly and there’s a tube (Tee’d off) that already goes into the top of the silencer assembly.

Rustywrench

Petty Officer 1st Class
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Yes, you have it figured out. A hose from from the bottom fitting of the air box to the balance tube as you mention. It goes under the bottom carb & up to fit on the balance tube barb. If you don't have the hose it is soft side wall & fits the barbs snug.[/FONT]

Vandkanten

Seaman
How important is it that the hose is connected to the air box ? Can it run disconnected, will it impact performance ?

Vandkanten

Seaman
The reason for asking, is that I have the hose too. But it is impossible to connect, there is no room. So I am running with it disconnected.

interalian

Commander
Those hoses are usually fitted as you're finagling the silencer cover into position. The one under the carb may require carb removal for access to fit unless you have stiff enough hose you can push it on the barb from a distance (try this).

I use fuel/emission line from autoparts stores for these. Tygon lines work too.