1995 Johnson 130hp problems..need help

bigdhill96

Cadet
I just recently bought a 1995 johnson 130hp v4 , took it out to the lake yesterday and had to prime the fuel bulb to start, got it started up and ran fine, but when I idle or trolling around slow the alarm starts to beep about every second or so...I can rev it up and the alarm stops. The alarm doesn't come on if I am going fast across the water, it only comes on whenever I am idling or going slow. After shutting the engine off a few times every so often I have to pump the primer bulb back up to start it up cause the bulb gets soft. It will then run fine, but whenever I idle the alarm starts to go off again . Does anyone know what the problem could be or where to start ?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Run pre mix until you sort this out.

Check pulse tube from block to VRO for leaks, splits and such.

Do you have a manual? You will want to perform the metered oil consumption test of VRO system.

Do you have the system check guage? If so, does a light illuminate?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, get a manual and run the tests, delete VRO and run premix, or search on here and see if someone laid out the tests in another thread.

bigdhill96

Cadet
If so what does that consist of? taking AVRO completely out and putting a fuel pump in ?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Just unhook and plug oil line at cowl. Unhook wire connector at VRO. Unhook and remove remote oil tank. RUN 50:1 PREMIX THEREAFTER. problem solved.