Trim problem 2004 EVINRUDE 150 hp fuel injected 2 stroke

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Please help! The trim will work every time if I hit the down button on both switches. I replaced the relays and cleaned all the plug going into the panel. My local mechanic told me to keep plugging in and removing the relays that that is the problem for sure. Well I did it for 2 hrs straight. It will work up sometimes and other times nothing. Could the capacitor be possible the problem? Please help they want to charge me minimum 250 just to bring it to the shop. 200 every hr after plus parts.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Boy, times have changed. When I first started in this business the shop labor rate was $6.00 per hr and the techs were making $2.00 per hr. Damn I'm Old.

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It's is absolute ridiculous the rate they want to charge. Then they tell me it will be 2 to three weeks before they can start looking at it. But they want 250 just to set the boat in there lot.

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I wish I grew up in your time. Crazy greedy world today.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
There were some bad connections in the PDP panel on that motor. You may want to check that out.

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've check the wires. Would you recommend me replacing the pdp panel? It 650.00 for the panel. I appreciate your time and help! Can you be a little more detailed when you say check that out? It's so weird it will work perfect down. Then up I can sit there and clean the connections on the panel and plugs still won't go up. I'll come out the next morning and hit the trim button up and it will work.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Take the panel apart and check for any loose soldered connections.

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I took the pdp panel apart all the soldering connections looked good. I found a used panel for 137.00 30 days money back guarantee. So I ordered it. Hopefully this will fix the problem.