Johnson 110 question

captainchaos

Seaman Apprentice
I have Johnson 110 and at 2500 rpm it runs ruff or surges. It seems to run well otherwise. New plugs, fresh 91 octane and Sea Foam, Amsoil Saber 100-1 premix in tank. Any suggestions?

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Ditch the 100:1 mix. You might have dirty/gummed carbs. But first thing to know are the compression numbers. Good spark meaning can it jump a gap of 5/16” - 3/8? Sync between carbs, or sync to timing may be out. Best thing is to get a factory service manual. Aftermarket manuals are good the outhouse, and not for reading while in there

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Should be 50:1 mix.----Compression test is next.-----Oil mix and lubrication always make for lively comments and entertainment too.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Well XD 100 is an oil specced and marketed by an engine manufacturer for their engines. Its suitability is unquestionable. 3rd Party Oils May or may not be up to snuff

captainchaos

Seaman Apprentice
I've been Amsoil dealer for 15 years now and I use it in everything so I'm staying with it. I know how these oil forums go and I'm not going there. Its 2018 and oil tech has come a long way. Good idea on manual, I'm checking the sync first. My old snowmobiles always had to have that done.