Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

tilt and trim leaking down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tilt and trim leaking down

I have just purchased a 48 special Evinrude motor from a friend...model no. E4ELSLESA...the problem is that the tilt/trim drifts leaks down once it is trimmed...The problem did not occur until he change the fluid on the tilt/trim unit...I am patiently waiting for the local Evinrude dealer to get me my manual to correct..but... I was hoping someone could tell me how to properly bleed the tilt/trim..I noticed two screws on the unit, one above the other...are these the bleed in the extended and retracted positions? Also, what fluid should i use? This forum was very helpful in assisting me in getting my stuck steering problem...I want to get back in the water, but my dealer is dragging his feet...thanx

Re: tilt and trim leaking down

bump... I am having the same problem, but have not added fluid recently. Hopefully we will get an answer.

Comment

After researching other posts, it was recommended to cycle the motor all the way up and down 3-4 times with the fill plug a little loose to help get the air out of the system. I'm going to try it this weekend and see if the trim holds.....

Comment

Did it work???

Comment

Working...
        X