Evinrude E50BELCNR wiring harnes (fusible link??)

Kingfisher1970

Recruit
see attached picture

What is this wire?
What is the rubber tube it goes through?
Where is it going in the motor?
Is it possible to remove from the motor so I can replace my entire wiring harness?

This wire comes out of the wiring harness, goes into a rubber tube that is not heat-shrink and is bonded to the wire as far as i can tell. its a little lumpy inside, as if there is some kind of connector or something in there. there is a tab at each end, almost like little handles.

from there, it goes through a clip, then dives into the motor via a sealed orifice that seems to have a rubber plug that is also molded to the wire.

my wiring harness is completely toasted. i need to replace it ($160...) and this wire is part of it, but i cannot see how to ghet it out without cutting it or opening up my motor, which i do not want to do. Is that just a fusible link? I have looked at several wiring diagrams and parts diagrams and i cannot determine what that is.

the wire that goes from the harness to what i think is a fusible link is maybe green. the wire is so corroded and insulator is so cracked and rotted i cant really tell.

thanks!

Attachments

• photo291874.jpg
    photo291874.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 1

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hey there! :welcome:

Nowhere near a pro here, but I think that's a Tan wire...

Looks to me like the sealed part in the motor is your temp switch..
P/N: 0386686 Temperature Switch

The rubber tube with "Handles": on it, looks like wire insulator...
P/N: 0303806 Tubing, Insulation

Pretty sure you can disconnect it if you move that insulator part and expose connectors..

It's not a fusible link.. It's your temp sensor and wiring..

I'm sure the pro's will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure that's what it is...
Hope it helps!! :D

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
That looks like a temp switch o the head, and the lead for it. Under the neoprene tube are the 'Knife connectors'. the tubing should just slide over, exposing the connectors

Kingfisher1970

Recruit
Thanks guys, I didnt want to pull it apart without knowing what it was, but I'll give it a try tonight.