Can someone help?

Big-t-top

Recruit
Hello all, I recently purchase a 97' evinrude 2 stroke with 130 hp. After installing the motor and wiring i am having trouble finishing up. There are a couple of hoses I cant place to where they go to. Here they are:

Attachments

• photo291849.jpg
    photo291849.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo291851.jpg
    photo291851.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • photo291852.jpg
    photo291852.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

DRCrowe

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Looks to me like someone has bypassed the VRO oil side of the pump. (you are premixing the oil correct?) Picture one shows the oil inlet to the VRO pump. If you had an oil tank on your boat the supply line would connect here. Many owners have lost faith in the VRO to correctly mix the oil and have disconnected it as yours appears. Once you do this you will need to pre-mix your fuel. I can't help you with the other lines, I have a 225 that probably has similar lines but it's at the lake.

Rustywrench

Petty Officer 1st Class
Your second picture is for the bottom of the air box on the starboard side. Plugs in there for a drain. You can tell be cause it is a formed hose. When you get it on the correct side it will lay properly to get to the air box bottom. The third hose looks short, but should be a vent hose that goes in the hole in the back of the air box on the port side. You just push it into the box as it is a vent. Hope that helps.