Johnson 10hp Seahorse QD16 WaterPump

MBarbieri

Recruit
Just got a QD16 running that was given to me but the water pump doesnt seem to be working.... how difficult is this to fix and where would i look for the parts?! Thanks!

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Easy fix and many places to buy the impeller.----Most BRP /Johnson / Evinrude dealers can get it for you if they do not have it in stock.-----Available on line too.

maxpipefill

Cadet
An hour Max. Make sure you have clearance (Tilted up) to remove lower with long shaft attached, remove lower leg, remove old impeller ,replace with new, bolt the lower back on.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
You ask where to get a new impeller? You are standing right here in the store. iboats sells them.

MBarbieri

Recruit
Great! thank you all so much! should i be looking to replace the housing too? motor has sat for many years not sure what was done to it before it was given to me 2 years ago.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Can't pass judgement on the housing until you look at it. Depends on how much it was used and where.

MBarbieri

Recruit
ok new impeller kit has been ordered will see when that comes in! sorry for the questions first outboard motor very new to this!

merkdawg0084

Chief Petty Officer
Alot of good info on here, these guys are awesome. Congrats on your free motor. Another good place i like to look for info is leeroys ramblings.Just google it. good luck with that impeller.

MBarbieri

Recruit
how long does it normally take to process an order through this site?? ordered the impeller kit on tuesday and still says processing..... ordered a kit from amazon and will be here before they even process my order! lesson learned...