1978 Evinrude 55 paint color

Cedy300

Recruit
So I’ve been looking online trying to find the right paint color for my evinrude 1978 55hp its in need of some touch ups. But I couldn’t find anything besides someone calling it “Champagne gold” so I thought I’d come here and ask you guys because nothing comes up in champagne gold google search that matches my engines color

Attachments

• photo288583.jpg
    photo288583.jpg
    765.9 KB · Views: 0

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
The OMC part # for the Gold paint was 172953, though I doubt it is of much use this many years later. You might consider taking the a part of the cowl, with some unfaded paint, into an automotive paint supplier where they could do a spectral analysis of the paint and mix a few spray bombs for you.

Cedy300

Recruit
The OMC part # for the Gold paint was 172953, though I doubt it is of much use this many years later. You might consider taking the a part of the cowl, with some unfaded paint, into an automotive paint supplier where they could do a spectral analysis of the paint and mix a few spray bombs for you.
Ahh I see I’ll try bring my cap and see if I can have some made when I get off the island and go to the city