69 25 hp sporster electric start bracket

54bobby

Petty Officer 2nd Class
ok guys, i wanna install electric start on my sporty. i have the starter but am having trouble finding a part number for the bracket. there's a few on fleabay but pricey (2x what the starter cost) with all the starters around why can't i locate a reasonably priced electric start bracket? how about a few leads?

RCO

Petty Officer 1st Class
The part number is 308482, and the list price is over $300. There is a lot of demand for those, and they do bring high prices. It is usually cheaper to find another motor that already has e start .

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the cheapest and fastest way to upgrade a 50 year old motor to electric start is sell the motor, buy one with electric start.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
On occasion you will find a " freebie " parts motor with what you need.-----If you want your parts TODAY you have to PAY.

54bobby

Petty Officer 2nd Class
dad bought this motor for me and my brothers brand new in 1969. i still have the original box it was packaged in from the factory along with the hard plastic owners card. for sentimental reasons i'm not interested in buying another engine. i don't mind spending a few bucks but there's no rush. she's a 2 pull starter so i'll deal with that till i find my deal. besides, i haven't come up against another 25 hp yet that she can't take. drives guys nuts and puts a smile on my face.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
I've often said it seems like there are more people looking for those starter brackets than were ever made in the first place. But they still keep showing up. Amazing.

Saintnowhere

Seaman Apprentice
Just got to keep checking ebay , I scored one with the starter last year for $45 shipped.