Is there a tilt/ tilt trim replacement for a 115hp Evinrude 115hp

Always Fixing

Recruit
I have a 1970 Evinrude 115 hp outboard, model #115083 D, that runs beautiful. It has an unrepairable tilt motor/pump assembly (motor portion is shot) which makes my outboard totally useless to me unless I can find a replacement for it. I am on a shallower lake. Does anyone know whether there are any? I have looked everywhere for this type assembly and it is no where that I can find and no one can tell me if a different unit will work. I would post pics, but I'm not allowed to until 3 posts. Pump/motor unit is on the outside of right side of outboard.
Any ideas? Thanks!

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Have you checked the parts area on iboats, they have the parts catalogs going back to 1968? Another choice is eBay. You could also install an aftermarket system like a CMC, which would then give you power trim as well

boobie

Supreme Mariner
I have installed the CMC units and they work really good. As said above, you will then have power trim also.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
CMC and Panther t. and t. units are nice. If looking for some assistance just for tilting the motor, the motor tilter levers work well (Garelick) -- used one on a '70 85. About $80.

The t.and t. units are about as valuable as the motor -- not a bad thing, as you can get some money out of them if kept in good condition. And of course you can use a unit on another motor.

Always Fixing

Recruit
Everyone, thanks for your replies. I will look more into the CMC Pt-130, which is strong enough for a 115hp. Looking at the picture on CMC site, it looks like you are supporting the entire outboard, including the transom hanging bracket, on the CMC unit, as I see the "transom hooks" are up in the air. I will continue to find installation videos to check this out. That seems unreal to me. Also, to answer the one gentleman, yes, I checked E-bay, i-boats and many other sites. None of them gave enough info on replacement units and none have an exact replacement. Thanks, again.

thelegion

Seaman Apprentice
I ran across a shock company a few months ago that had replacement parts for my 71 Johnson 100 tilt, but I found while looking at the CMC stuff and can't remember who had it; but it seems to be out there.

Cheers

81manatee

Seaman Apprentice
I've been told by a tech rep from this company that they offer two units suitable for replacing the OEM tilt/trim assembly on my 1981 115 V4.

http://shop.tsmperformance.net/

They offer both 2 wire and 3 wire setups, and can rewire for the existing setup on your boat. The part numbers they gave me are TS 330-776R and PH200-TS01

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
I've been told by a tech rep from this company that they offer two units suitable for replacing the OEM tilt/trim assembly on my 1981 115 V4.

http://shop.tsmperformance.net/

They offer both 2 wire and 3 wire setups, and can rewire for the existing setup on your boat. The part numbers they gave me are TS 330-776R and PH200-TS01
Your 1981 T/N/T will NOT fit on a 1970 model not even close to the same.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Everyone, thanks for your replies. I will look more into the CMC Pt-130, which is strong enough for a 115hp. Looking at the picture on CMC site, it looks like you are supporting the entire outboard, including the transom hanging bracket, on the CMC unit, as I see the "transom hooks" are up in the air. I will continue to find installation videos to check this out. That seems unreal to me. Also, to answer the one gentleman, yes, I checked E-bay, i-boats and many other sites. None of them gave enough info on replacement units and none have an exact replacement. Thanks, again.
As long as your transom is in good condition there should be no problem with mounting your motor to the CMC set-up.