How to fog 8HP Johnson outboard and run out gas?

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
^^also good, imo. But for those of us older than, say, 50 (or absent minded), I'll add it's a good idea to refill the gear case if draining it in the Fall. It's too easy to just plunk it on the boat in the Spring, and fire it up with a dry gearcase.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Not sure why someone would leave the lower unit empty, doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

But yes, just adout any combination of methods and details works about the same, even the doing nothing method.

jimwalt

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I changed my lower unit oil today. Old oil came out the color of coffee with cream. Is that okay? New oil i filled was green - supertech marine oil from Walmart.

Fogged the ending, put in my basement on a stand. Removed the 2 folding seats to store inside. Removed the fuel tank and line to store in my shed over the winter.
Shortly after 8pm I decided i couldnt put the boat away for the season so I got everything back out of storage, reinstalled everything on the boat and will be going out again tomorrow after work!!! Im addicted and just cant quit for the year. Ill re-fog the engine when im sure it needs to be put away for the year.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
The oil shouldn't be that color, it means there's water in it, could be leaking seals, or just the gaskets on the fill and drain screws. Check it again after you use it and use new gaskets.