Nissan Marine Controls Wiring

andrew_

Cadet
I have a standard Nissan Marine control box (which I use on a pontoon boat with a 25hp Tohatsu EFI outboard). I've googled and googled and googled some more and I can't seem to find any information on what a few mystery connectors are on the control box. I bought some new gauges for the old boat and was trying to figure out how to identify the ignition signal lead. Attached is an image of the four connectors from the controls.

The four connectors are:

1 red - ?
1 green - ?
1 white - ?
1 black - assuming this is a ground lead to the engine.

IMG_20130610_102203.jpg

I'd greatly appreciate any insight anyone can provide. If you have a link to a wiring diagram that applies to this setup, that'd be great!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Nissan Marine Controls Wiring

That tech info should be in your Owners Manual data sheet. Check wiring diagrams...

Happy Boating

andrew_

Cadet

That tech info should be in your Owners Manual data sheet. Check wiring diagrams...

Happy Boating

It's not. Naturally the first place I looked. The engine doesn't come standard with controls, it's an option, and I'm not the original owner. Any manual that came with the controls is lost, and the controls don't have a model or part number printed anywhere in or on them.

andrew_

Cadet

Check : Tohatsu/Nissan Parts Catalog Menu

Scroll page down to "Other"

Check 2002/2008 RC5 Remote Control Box the wiring is there...

Happy Boating

I'm not sure what you mean by "the wiring is there" other than it shows the same setup as the picture I supplied. It doesn't list what the individual wires/connectors are for.

I was able to identify the model of control box I have using that catalog but I'm not finding any information about it upon searching.

pvanv

Admiral

You clearly don't have the Factory service manual. It's excellent, and even includes full color wiring schematics. It's copyrighted, so is not available for free download. Worth every penny you spend on it. Available from any Tohatsu/Nissan Dealer (hint: in addition to turning wrenches now and then, I'm a dealer, as are several other forum contributors.) Unfortunately, iBoats does not sell the actual Factory service manuals at this time.

SERVICE MANUAL - TOHATSU - 25/30B 4STR
Covers 25B & 30B 4-stroke models. These are the EFI 4-stroke models
Part # 003-21054-1
$50.00

The tach signal is on the W wire.

andrew_

Cadet

Ah, that's the bit of information missing. Factory Service Manual is *not* what ships with the engine when new. The manual I have, and what is available for download, is not the same. Hopefully this will help out someone else unfamiliar with the difference.

To add some more info to the post, from pvanv's reply to me on another forum:

R power
Lg alarm (low oil, etc.) < light green
W tach signal
Bk ground