2000 honda bf15a bad transport wont start what to do?

sonomahogleg

Recruit
just bought honda 15hp on cl. seems seller transported it on its back when i got it home and took off cowl there was oil on side and back of inside cowl went to pull manual start it appeared siezed took out plugs and about a 1/4 cup of oil came out lower cylander also noticed sum oil at carb intake i sprayed lots of carb cleaner and turned over many times tell things appeared clean put plugs back in and it wont start. wondering how bad this oil flooding situation is? it will run smooth for 4or5 sec. on a shot of carb cleaner btw. very greatful for any thoughts

pvanv

Admiral
Re: 2000 honda bf15a bad transport wont start what to do?

Drain the carb. It may be filled with oil as well. I have seen that before.

sonomahogleg

Recruit

i wont be able to get back to it til this afternoon but thx paul, i think you are one of the most helpful people on the site i've learned quit a bit from your contributions on past threads over the last six months since i discovered the site. again thank you from me and behalf of all the people you've given great advice to. i'll update progress tonight

sonomahogleg

Recruit

i opened the bowl screw and oil poured out, i then just pumped the fuel line bulb til it seemed to flow clean gas and VOILLA!!! she purrs like a kitten with a can of tuna. nice shot pvanv. my first 4stroke btw. i'll be back on the fish this weekend, very happy to be part of this community there so much great information and advice. cheers!

pvanv

Admiral

Glad to help...