Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

25hp Nissan prop doesn't turn and water pump will not pump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25hp Nissan prop doesn't turn and water pump will not pump

I've meesed with outboards a while this is the first I've seen where both prop and water pump don't work. I assume it is drive shaft related. Just quit working will motoring no other symptoms. Motor still idles fine.

Re: 25hp Nissan prop doesn't turn and water pump will not pump

What is your model? If you drop the LU, is the driveshaft in one piece?
    Paul
    Buffalo NY USA

Comment

Originally posted by racarpent View Post
      I've meesed with outboards a while this is the first I've seen where both prop and water pump don't work. I assume it is drive shaft related. Just quit working will motoring no other symptoms. Motor still idles fine.
      The two things are independent of each other. So, unless you have a broken drive shaft, the problems are not related.
      Elvin
      My answers are like Zen...It may not be the answer you want, but it is generally the answer you need.

The 3 Rules:

1) Look in your service manual first...Then ask me if it is correct.
      2) Understand that your desire to repair your engine does not mean that you have the ability to do so.
      3) If you are confused, take your engine into a dealer..Then let them be confused...At least, in theory, they sent someone to outboard 101.

Comment

Originally posted by pvanv View Post
        What is your model? If you drop the LU, is the driveshaft in one piece?
        NS25C3 2001 I'm not sure, I did notice there didn't seem to be any splines or a key just a smooth shaft.....

Comment

Originally posted by racarpent View Post
          NS25C3 2001 I'm not sure, I did notice there didn't seem to be any splines or a key just a smooth shaft.....
          Are you saying the top end of the driveshaft doesn't have splines? If so, it is probably snapped off, with the splined portion stuck in the crankshaft.
          Paul
          Buffalo NY USA

Comment

Working...
          X