Honda dies at mid throttle.

littlejohn2458

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys,
I have a Honda 4 stroke 3 cyl.
I cleaned the carbs, the customer complained of a no idle situation. I cleaned out the carbs, synced the engine with the vacuum gauge, and she purrs like a kitten. Now, when i shift into gear, it runs till about 2k rpm. When i go past that, the engine stalls and dies. If i click the choke on and off, it will bog down then the RPM will jump up. I get it to full throttle like that then it will run at WOT till i throttle it down. When i put it back to idle speed I have to do the same thing over again. I work for a Yamaha Dealer. I don't usuaully touch hondas because I don't know much about them. The dashpot seems to be working correctly. It blows air like it should. The check valve is working correctly too. I cleaned out the carbs with the ultra-sonic cleaner and then sprayed air through each passage. I even used Power Tune and made sure that EVERY passage was clean. The spec book says to set the cabs at 1 turn out... (EPA) However, runs like crap and I cannot get past this issue no matter how hard i try.

Thanks a ton,
John

unclemike

Cadet
Re: Honda dies at mid throttle.

Did you ever get this running right? What did you find? What Horsepower was it? The only 3 cylinder that I know that the idle mixture is 1 turn out is a 50A.

Mike

RRitt

Captain
Re: Honda dies at mid throttle.

I had same thing once on a car. the fuel filter was plugged and only allowing gas to trickle through. As soon as I gave it gas the engine would eat fuel faster than the filter would allow. It would cut out about the same time as reaching 3500 rpm.