Nissan control box to yamaha motor wiring help

voodoo454

Recruit
:confused:
please help with wiring.

the colors of wires are the same from 2006 yamaha 90 to 1992 NS90A, but the colors dont stand for the same things can someone tell me how to properly wire it?
like Yred Nwhite
Ygreen Nbrown
etc?

I bought the yamaha that used to be on a pontoon boat. the control box/throttle is for a console and wont fit my bass boat. So Id like to use the box from my old nissan that i blew up. I found cross reference to every kinda outboard except Nissan
Or just the list of color designations for the nissan cause i already got the yamaha
Thanks in advance

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Nissan control box to yamaha motor wiring help

Would need to know which Tohatsu/Nissan control you want to use. What was the model of the Nissan motor it was on? Many of the motor owner's manuals have control wiring listed right in them.

Be advised that some Yamaha controls have reversed throttle (push for WOT vs pull for WOT); and the modern Yamaha control boxes can be reversed to work accordingly. However, the Tohatsu controls are all pull for WOT. Might be easier to just trade for the correct control box.

voodoo454

Recruit
Re: Nissan control box to yamaha motor wiring help

it was a 92 model ns90a. I already have the controls working properly as well as the power, trim, and choke, just have yet to get the starter/ignition wires. think I may have found the nissan codes on the inside of the ignition cover from the old motor. its still a bit confusing to me as i dont know how to read electrical schematic drawings that are found in the owners manual. still trying to figure it out. was hoping to get a simple format like ign start red ign coil green eng stop white etc. I am unemployed and my folks paid for the motor and are unwilling to shell out any more cash for manuals or otherwise, so I must succeed. Im almost certain this can work. thanks again for any input. Someones got to know. Please chime in and help out a fisherman without a boat that has only about a month of good weather left to fish. The bass are schooling at Lake Fork and I cant get there. Its killing me.