Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

How do I test an exciter coil? Honda bf35-50

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I test an exciter coil? Honda bf35-50

My motor has no spark after using engine degreaser on it. It is not the kill circuit and it is not the controls. I tested the pulser coil output with a dva and they are all within range, I tested the charge coil and they are within range but there is no test in my manual for the exciter coil. I found something online that said it should be somewhere around 200v on a dva but I'm not getting anything. I'm testing between the two wires in the two pin connector coming from the exciter and get zero when cranking. I checked the resistance and it was somewhere around 175 ohms...is that right? I think it is bad but why would degreaser cause it to fail?

Re: How do I test an exciter coil? Honda bf35-50

My problem was not the exciter coil but if anyone needs the info...

bf35 40 45 and 50
    Exciter coil dva reading while cranking should be around 205v or running it should be 209v. Your DVA may show slightly higher or lower but as long as it's not way off.

Comment

Working...
    X