Tohatsu Hour Meter

pongy

Seaman Apprentice
I have a new 50TLDI tiller and want to put an hour meter on the motor
I have the service manual and from what I can see I need to hook into a blue wire on the motor
Can the Tohatsu guru's confirm this is correct please
Thanks for any help

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Tohatsu Hour Meter

The ECU already records hours, so for service data, you already have the information available.

pongy

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the reply pvanv
How do I access this data, The engine has no gauges attached
I do have the three lights on the tiller handle, Can the data be accessed by use of those or is there some kind of plug in reader I can buy?

pvanv

Admiral

To get to the ECU data, you need to enter diagnostic mode. The procedure is in the Factory service manual.

In order to read all of the data, you will need a Factory TLDI tachometer.

If you have an aftermarket 12v (glorified clock type) hour meter, and just want to keep an eye on hours to schedule service, you can do that by turning the meter "on" with the lead that energizes the ECU. Then the hour meter will run any time the key is "on", even if the motor is not running.

The complete wiring diagram and information concerning each individual wire is in the Factory service manual, available at any Tohatsu dealer.

pongy

Seaman Apprentice

To get to the ECU data, you need to enter diagnostic mode. The procedure is in the Factory service manual.

In order to read all of the data, you will need a Factory TLDI tachometer.

If you have an aftermarket 12v (glorified clock type) hour meter, and just want to keep an eye on hours to schedule service, you can do that by turning the meter "on" with the lead that energizes the ECU. Then the hour meter will run any time the key is "on", even if the motor is not running.

The complete wiring diagram and information concerning each individual wire is in the Factory service manual, available at any Tohatsu dealer.

That is the type I am getting, aftermarket 12v (glorified clock type)
I have the factory service manual already
I found the wire I need to hook into in the tiller handle control box, Brown wire activates 12 volt on ignition so I will use that
Thanks for all help