How to convert honda bf25 from a tiller to remote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoffmann

Cadet
It seems as if I need some backets, shift linkage, throttle linkage, steering arm, and ? Does anyone know what parts I need and (or) where to get them from. And where should I sell my tiller assembly and how much is it worth?

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: How to convert honda bf25 from a tiller to remote?

Honda has never been friendly about conversion kits and to my knowledge non exist for this project.There may be aftermarket kits that I am not aware of but I have'nt seen one yet.If this is a tiller rope start ,it will become finacially,entirely out of the question.

Hoffmann

Cadet
Re: How to convert honda bf25 from a tiller to remote?

It is a tiller electric start!

EvanDG

Recruit
I have looked into it my self, and it doesn’t seem as expensive as I thought. I think you need a rotary steering system with a cable, and the motor has the cylinder built in (between the black caps), a bracket to to bolt onto the place where the tiller was , a connecting rod, for this, a steering wheel and the control box with cables, which I am having trouble finding at a good price. An example of the steering system is https://www.ebay.ca/itm/SS13713-Rot...ispr=1&hash=item2cf08eb615:g:TWUAAOSwmUhdOm0l
or you could go for a more expensive sea star system

(I have a 2004 bf25d, that still runs better than a new Yamaha)

pvanv

Admiral
I have looked into it my self, and it doesn’t seem as expensive as I thought. I think you need a rotary steering system with a cable, and the motor has the cylinder built in (between the black caps), a bracket to to bolt onto the place where the tiller was , a connecting rod, for this, a steering wheel and the control box with cables, which I am having trouble finding at a good price. An example of the steering system is https://www.ebay.ca/itm/SS13713-Rot...ispr=1&hash=item2cf08eb615:g:TWUAAOSwmUhdOm0l
or you could go for a more expensive sea star system

(I have a 2004 bf25d, that still runs better than a new Yamaha)

You do realize this is a 9 year old post. I assume it has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.