electric start button problems on 06 15hp honda

flatbottom16

Recruit
Hello,made a mistake and crossed battery terminals.On my 06 15hp honda outboard .now my electric start button wont work does anyone know what to fix? need advice.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: electric start button problems on 06 15hp honda

This unit is fused .The location of that fuse varies as to wether this is a tiller or complete remote .Just follow the wires back from the starter relay and you will find a squarish white small box that says fuse.I think they even throw a spare in there.

flatbottom16

Recruit

found the fuse box and it was blown,fixed it and i got electric start back, thanks for the advice,hondon

bill_amor

Recruit

I hope this gets through as the thread is old. Though a 15hp (new 2009) only low hours but warranty expired.I had electric problems (4 Sep 2011) did a search and came across this thread. Sparked my memory so to speak as when i took the boat out of storage accidently just tipped the terminals on the battery split second. launched today depth sounder ok lights ok came home recharged battery no problem. did search on Google and here I am forever thankful. Traced the wires to the white box not marked as fuse but did contain new fuse. fitted it instant contact. Still have not tried on water yet but as it clicked the starter I was pleased. Saved me megabucks as I am kms from any sort of reliable/trustworthy service centre. So thanks guys hope this gets through to the advisor. Cheers bill