Honda 7.5 hp 4 stroke ignition coil B75 1976

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda 7.5 hp 4 stroke ignition coil B75 1976

Hi,I am working on a 1976 Honda 4 stroke 7.5 hp outboard. The model # on this motor is b75. The ignition coil is bad. I called honda and they said that they no longer sell the part. Does anyone know where I can get a new or used one?Thanks,Nate

Re: Honda 7.5 hp 4 stroke ignition coil B75 1976

I have the same problem, if you here of any thing let me know and i will do the same

EBR

Comment

Make sure the coil you have is actually bad, these motors have a very weak spark when pull starting. Try a set of new plugs and a smaller gap on the plugs, you might find out you are replacing a good coil!
      Nick

Comment

Originally posted by natecollins View Post
        Hi,I am working on a 1976 Honda 4 stroke 7.5 hp outboard. The model # on this motor is b75. The ignition coil is bad. I called honda and they said that they no longer sell the part. Does anyone know where I can get a new or used one?Thanks,Nate
        I HAVE A 9.9 HP HONDA OB MODEL NUMBER B100 101 5243 ALSO CAN'T FIND COIL I HAVE HEARD A MOTORCYCLE COIL MIGHT WORK ... DID YOU EVER FIND THE PART OR DO YOU HAVE Any suggestions ? help i'm about to put it on EBAY thanks GeorgeA

Comment

do a search for used honda outboard parts,I just did and found parts that everyone said were non existant.

Comment

I have a 78 7.5 that has a good coil and new condencer(30$) I,ll sell ya....
            sigpic I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

Comment

Originally posted by mikastorm View Post
              I have a 78 7.5 that has a good coil and new condencer(30$) I,ll sell ya....
              Do you still have it?

Comment

Working...
              X