Steering cable won't come out of Tohatsu M50D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering cable won't come out of Tohatsu M50D

The steering cable feels like it is grabbing something on the M50D and won't come loose. It didn't do the the last two times we took it off a Sylvan 16' aluminum boat.How can I get it out please? Thanks.

Re: Steering cable won't come out of Tohatsu M50D

Heat it up and drive it out.
    Elvin
    My answers are like Zen...It may not be the answer you want, but it is generally the answer you need.

The 3 Rules:

1) Look in your service manual first...Then ask me if it is correct.
    2) Understand that your desire to repair your engine does not mean that you have the ability to do so.
    3) If you are confused, take your engine into a dealer..Then let them be confused...At least, in theory, they sent someone to outboard 101.

Comment

Elvin,We got some apray lube in it and it softened the grease and it came out. Never thought of heating it, but then I didn't think grease would prevent it from coming out.Thank you.

Comment

The grease it's hard and acts like an adhesive.
        Elvin
        My answers are like Zen...It may not be the answer you want, but it is generally the answer you need.

The 3 Rules:

1) Look in your service manual first...Then ask me if it is correct.
        2) Understand that your desire to repair your engine does not mean that you have the ability to do so.
        3) If you are confused, take your engine into a dealer..Then let them be confused...At least, in theory, they sent someone to outboard 101.

Comment

Use White Lithium instead of the OB grease and youll be less likely to get frozen up! TM

Comment

OK I will. I noticed our Johnson was getting hard to steer too.

Comment

The stuff also goes by the trade neme Lubriplate.....AK pipeline tested to 100 below! TM

Comment

Working...
              X