'82 honda 7.5 HP Outboard Ignition

SailorManMike

Recruit
Hi All,<br /><br />This motor seems to run pretty well in gear and at higher speeds, but it won't idle in neutral or in gear.<br /><br />I cleaned the carb several times, but I get the same problem still. I checked for vaccum leaks around the carb gaskets and it seems ok. <br /><br />The idle needle valve doesn't seem to do anything. Is there supposed to be some sort of o-ring or seat other than the aluminum carb body for the Idle Needle valve?<br /><br />Any suggestions?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Mike

flashback

Captain
Re: '82 honda 7.5 HP Outboard Ignition

hey mike, how,s it going? I have a 7.5 on my boat also. sounds like you may need to rebuild the carb. also check the thermostat, these engines are quite sensitive to operating temps.......just a thought........good luck. by the way, where are you located? at lanier?

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer
Re: '82 honda 7.5 HP Outboard Ignition

Make sure you don't have an exhaust leak. It could be building up inside the cowl when sitting still but once you are moving it disapears. Try removing the cowl.and see if this works. Also make sure all of the vent tubes are not blocked this could be causeing a vacum lock.