Tohatsu TLDI 90 -06 idle problems

Termari

Recruit
I have a couple of issues with Tohatsu (MD90B) which no one in Finland seems to know anything about.

Few weeks ago engine started coughing when trolling. When I quickly gave it more rpm it put out a huge amount of exhaust and I could continue trolling for like a 15-30 mins until same thing happened. I kept going two more trips, but problem got worse and it started coughing after 10mins of trolling. I was told that the engine uses too much oil. Possible uses the oil % that is used when driving 4000rpm or something like that or it has left the running in -mode on.
Also sometimes when trolling engine raised rpm itself.

I read the diagnostics and it gave me codes:
4500rpm - battery-light ON - Oil-light flashing.
And 4000rpm - battery light ON.
And 4000rpm - battery light ON - OIL light flashing.

I found this engines MD90B service manual and it gives nothing on the first one.
And some battery failures on those two other.

So, I bought new battery with 993cca and thicker wires. Thinking that my old battery wasn´t enough for the ECU and caused that "too much oil" -problem. I also erased the fault codes and did the ECU/TPS reset.
But now engine didn´t even start. It tried but didn´t start.

Found out that the cabels were istalled wrong, I adjusted the cabels so the advancer arm now touch the close-stopper and did the ECU/TPS reset again. Now engine starts but it dies everytime i put gear on.

So, I tried to fix a problem but caused another one. Help, what next?

Ps. Found a MD90C service manual and it shows Oil pump malfunction on that first fault code..

pvanv

Admiral
I am certified on TLDI, but it's difficult to dx on a forum. Not sure about Finland, but many dealers in the US. The codes are similar on all TLDI, you you may be over oiling, and may have other issues. The mechanical oil pumps are solid, but the ECU controls the electric pumps, so many possible issues.
4500, bat, oil flash is a failing oil pump
4000 and bat is battery low
4000, bat, oil flashing is battery very low.
I would VERIFY all grounds and power cables, up that battery (as you did), then clear codes and reset TPS and check again.