New Honda BF15 Runs in barrel wont start when boat is in water.

Brand new, out the box Honda BF15 tiller motor. Will not start when boat is in the water but starts first pull and runs without problems in a barrel of water under motor in back yard. Driving me nuts. Added correct Honda engine oil. New Gas. New Gas Tank. New Fuel line. Installed on 14 foot flat boat. Oil pressure light comes on when pulling rope when not starting in water, oil light stays on when running in barrel. Water coming out of indicator hole when running. I am sure kill key is installed, even tried the extra key that came with the motor. Would think I have bad gas but the same gas in the same tank runs fine in yard in barrel. I understand I have a warenty but if I take engine to dealer they will run it like I am in back yard and not see problem. Any help would be gladly accepted. 3rd payment coming up and no boat trip yet.

ahicks

Captain
Dumb question maybe, but is the engine fairly level when trying to start in the lake?

Have you called the dealer to see if they might have any ideas?

Yes it is level. Even tried tilting it up some in case breather hole at back of engine was submerged