2019 tohatsu 9.9 efi long shaft

vdotmatrix

Seaman
I am getting ready to buy the following motor to replace an outboard that we have had issues in performance described in other posts. I read the manual for this motor but does it come with detailed instructions for hooking up the electrical.

the sailboat currently has a remote and this does not.

I wish i could see the electrical plug on the motor to get it ready to use as soon as I get it...

https://onlineoutboards.com/collect...2019-tohatsu-9-9-hp-mfs9-9eefl-outboard-motor

pvanv

Admiral
Why not get the Remote OB? The charging system on any of these electrics just feeds through the battery cable for charging.

vdotmatrix

Seaman
Onlineoutboards.com says” We only have tiller steer models on our site. Tohatsu prohibits us from shipping remote control models and so we don't have any on our site. ” so, the price on this outboard is almost too good to be true. But, our current outboard , which i am convinced just needs a carb kit, had one plug. Now that i rhink about it , the one plug is probably tied into the battery, remote , key switch and so on. It wont be a simple matter of plug and play affair.

Perhaps i should buy a direct replacement that would have a remote from another dealer. Do you know if the remote is an extra accessory?

The linkages would be different too i suspect? Pics i have are too big to upload.

Why not get the Remote OB? The charging system on any of these electrics just feeds through the battery cable for charging.

pvanv

Admiral
So, you can either get it from a real dealer, or buy a remote model online, and have them ship to your local dealer, who can help you install it. Tohatsu requires that all remote models be dealer installed, as so many consumers goof up the remote installations. Tohatsu remote models come complete; all you need is to supply the correct length Morse cables for throttle and shift. The charging is done through the same battery cable that is used to start the motor.

Converting a tiller model to remote is costly and time consuming, so you are better off getting a remote model from the start.