How to disconnect Honda remote cables?

Iskander-M

Cadet
Hi all,

could anyone one suggest me a safe and a correct way of disconnecting the Honda cable clips that connecting the remote, gauges and so on? There seems to be 3 kind of retaining dents, two on the round sides and one one the flat side with some loop. I tried to push them out one by one with a thin flat screwdriver but they still clip on as soon as I try the next one.

Any my help on that? Thanks in advance

ahicks

Captain
Those clips on the wiring harness connectors are not fun. Can be quite a pain until getting used to them. I generally do them with my fingers most of the time now. The plugs, even with the locking clip released are still pretty stiff to get separated. Have patience, and do it with plenty of light so you can see what you're doing. With the locking tab released, they should separate.

Iskander-M

Cadet
Thanks mate, the locking tap are you talking about this kind of middle clip with plastic loop? You mean once I disconnect this middle one the whole connector is released?

ahicks

Captain
If we are talking about the same thing, yes. There's only a single locking tab on any Honda connector I've ever had to release, no matter the size.

Iskander-M

Cadet
If we are talking about the same thing, yes. There's only a single locking tab on any Honda connector I've ever had to release, no matter the size.

Great, thanks for advice, I was thinking there are on each side as well. Sorted now :joyous: