1980 Honda BF75 average speed?

Tarinazo

Seaman
I'll double-check my compression meter for a leak because although it has a release valve/button, it didn't hold the pressure reading at all. As soon as I stopped pulling the starter cord (4-5 pulls), the arrow started going down immediatly. I read that the way they work is that the gauge will hold the highest pressure mark steady untill the pressure botton is pressed.

Tarinazo

Seaman
I took my 1436 jonboat for a spin this past sunday after doing a valve adjustment to my Honda BF75 to see if it gained some speed... nope! still a bit slower than my 2-stroke 6hp Mercury.
I used a handheld GPS unit (Garmin 60CSX) to check the speed, it topped at 26.8 KPH (I'm in Mexico, we use the metric system... but for you gringos that's a whopping 16.65 MPH) with an average speed of 17 KPH (10.5 MPH).
My Mercury 6hp moves at an average of 16mph, haven't recorded a top speed on that one, but I feel, and know it's somewhat faster than my 7.5hp 4-stroke.

So that's it! this Honda Ob ran perfect, no stalling, runs on first pull, and when hot, you don't even have to crank it, just a steady pull is all it takes to run, OB is in great overall condition... but a bit slower than a 6hp 2-stroke. Even so, it's a keeper!