Timing BF130 Honda

dbgulick

Recruit
After fixing a ground issue on my 130 Honda, I started the motor and it started instantly and possibly over-revved before I got it turned off. Now it won't start. Just sputters like it is trying to start. A few years ago, I had a timing belt issue. Skipped as a result of a mud-dauber nest on the belt) It seems to be acting the same way. Is there a way I can look at it (I have the belt cover off) and see if it has skipped a notch?

Thanks,
David

pvanv

Admiral
I don't have specifics on the 130, but both the 115 and 150 have timing marks on the sprockets. I would get a Factory service manual to confirm.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Check all timing marks wherever they are located to align well for a perfect timing/carb synchronism, a Service Manual is the way to go to find that out.

Happy Boating

ahicks

Captain
While looking for the timing mark info (I don't have it either), you might want to run a compression check. There's a chance the pistons have met some valves at way high rpm. A compression check would show that immediately.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Sea rider-----Are there carburetors on a 130 HP Honda ??

What's the point asking that. Was a wild guess as don't work with Honda OB's. Should focus on posting an answer regarding OP's post, not mine.

Happy Boating