50 TLDI leaking fuel

beavis

Recruit
Hello all,

First post but have followed to keep track and keep my engine running good. Thank you all for that.

My issue.

I am not near my engine so I cant give all the details for my exact engine. I know it is a 2006. I do have the manual and it has kept me out of trouble.

I ran my boat about month ago and it died 200 yards from the ramp. Fuel was full of water. I did have a water filter in front of the engine and that was full of water. I drained/blew out my tank and external lines. For the engine, I drained out the lines to the internal filter. I disconnected and drained the drain line between the bottom of the vapor separator and the fuel feed pump and the line between the fuel regulator and the fuel feed pump case. Those were the only line I disconnected to drain fuel since i did not have to disconnect clamp.

I was able to get good fuel back into the system and eventually get the engine runnning good again. I ran it several times for a total of about 2.5 hours with no problem. The last time i ran it, I noticed a fuel film on the water before i started it. I had to get home, about a 10 minute run. It ran without a problem. but I noticed a fuel film in the water when I shut down again. With the boat on the trailer, i pump the bulb to see if I could tell where it was coming from. Found fuel was coming out of where the hose connects between the vapor separator and the fuel feed pump. at the connection to the bottom of the vapor separator. Also when I tried to run the motor on earmuffs to flush the engine. It ran high on rpms, like 1600 with the throttle on idle.

I am at a loss as to what the problem may be so any help would be great. My one good mechanic that always serviced my engine is gone and I need to find another. Just trying to get an idea as to what the problem may be.

Tassie 1

Chief Petty Officer
G'day,
What brand of motor would this be?
2 or 4 stroke?
sounds like carbs need a clean and or floats adjusted etc etc

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Put the engine into diagnostic mode and let it tell you where it thinks the problem is located. That will at least give you an area of where the malfunction is occurring. Other than that use your Mark I Eyeball and check your fuel lines for leaks.